Four dimensions of analysis
This dimension explores the variables influencing pro-environmental behaviours. Namely the behaviours that consciously seeks to minimise the negative impact of one’s action on the natural and built world.
Behavioural changes indicators
- self efficacy
- environmental attitudes / moral norms
- green school model / school culture
- teacher as a model
Models of sport activities like nature-based sport contribute towards more sustainable behaviours and subjective well-being (SWB). People feel better overall when they include environmentally sustainable behaviours or nature-based outdoor sport activities in their life.
Outdoor sport benefits
- sport as outdoor recreation (non competitive)
- new psychosocial behaviours through sport
- sense of well-being and life satisfaction
- sustainable practices
- responsible outdoor recreation
The aim of this dimension is to raise awareness on different environmental topics that affect our daily life. Which are the main challenges for a young person to be sustainable?
Green awareness barriers
- lack of information
- disinformation (fake)
- culture accessibility
- economic / social context
This dimension underlines the importance of sustainability in the learning environment, defining models to active empowerment in youth. Moreover, increasing levels of environmental awareness, action and concern can be realised through significant participation in most recreational adventure activities.
How engage youth for green promotion
- improve environmental literacy (behaviour, affect, environmental knowledge and skills)
- planning eco friendly learning experiences
The engagement of youth
More frequent outdoor recreation and the opportunity to have fun in nature can promote the predisposition for individual actions as well as encouraging others
- Outdoor sport and motor games
- Designed with environmental awareness phase
- Nature and emotional experiences
The importance of learning style
A new model gives the opportunity to increase participation in outdoor activities for enjoyment of nature or learning were particularly strongly associated with other aspects of meaning.
- Energy conservation
- Reduction of waste
- Mobility and transport
- Indirect behaviors towards conservation
The sustainability level of education programs
To test and improve the sustainability aspects of educational activities for a comprehensive understanding of pro-environmental behaviour it is important to consider other indicators in the assessment tool.
- Pro-environmental behaviour
- The connection with nature
The evaluation of youths’ skills
To test the improvement of skills of your group two dimensions of evaluation can be considered. A wide range of resources can help to test youth skills. The integration of different tools can be useful to guarantee a more effective assessment.
- Observation report
- Self report measures
- Peer debate
The GREENTRACE project supports the Global Goals for Sustainable Development